Electronic devices and circuits surround our daily existence in an indispensable fashion. Thereby, the author S. Salivahanan, in this book has attempted to reveal the complexities of the world of electronics in an extremely simplified manner, using pedagogical features to illustrate and exemplify the concepts thoroughly.
Electronic Devices and Circuits Features :
- Salivahanan provides a very cheap book for the concepts of electronic devices and circuits.
- He tried to provide examples of each topic from the real world.
- This is a complete set starting electronic engineer, which starts from an atom and proceed to the microprocessor.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter strengthen the concept.
- Provides good illustrations for each topic.
The book “Electronic Devices and Circuits by S. Salivahanan” contain the following chapter with the extraordinary explanation.
- Physical properties of elements: Start with basic atomic structure and energy bands and expand the discussion to electron emission.
- Passive Circuit Components: Discusses the resistors, capacitor, and inductors.
- Electron Ballistics: Introduce the charged particles, magnetic and electric fields, and their interaction.
- Semiconductor Diodes: Start with an introduction to the semiconductor and discusses the PN-Junction.
- Special Diode: Knowhow of special diodes like Zener Diode, Varactor, Gunn Diode, etc.
- Bipolar Junction Transistor: Construction, characteristics, operation, and working of BJT as amplifier and switch.
- Field Effect Transistor: Construction, characteristics, operation, and working of FET as amplifier and switch.
- Thyristor: Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR) is variant and TRIAC and DIAC.
- Mid-Band Analysis of the small-signal amplifier: Two-port network and devices model with different amplifier configuration.
- Multistage Amplifier: Coupling schemes and concatenation of amplifiers.
- Frequency response amplifier: Discuss the frequency response of small single amplifiers and RF amplifiers.
- Large Signal Amplifier: Discusses Class A, B, and Class D amplifier efficiency and harmonics.
- Tuned Amplifier: Discusses small signal and large signal amplifier Q-factor and stability.
- Feedback Amplifier: Basic concept of feedback and feedback topology.
- Oscillators: Barkhausen Criterion, Classification, and different oscillators.
- Wave Shaping and multi-vibrator circuit: Diode clipper, clamper, and comparators with multi-vibrator.
- Blocking oscillator and Timebase generation: Timebase circuits, pulse transformer, and unijunction transistor (UJT).
- Rectifier and Power Supply: Linear and switched-mode power supply.
- Integrated Circuit Fabrication: Manufacturing process of Monolithic IC, BJT, and diodes.
- Transducer: Talks about different transducers.
- Optical Components: Discusses the optical components.
- Measuring Instruments: Talks about measuring instruments like ammeter and voltmeter.
- Memories and microprocessor: Introduction to memories and basic computer microprocessor.