Fundamentals of electric circuits is a comprehensive book for electrical engineering students from beginner level to advance level. The main objective of this book is to present circuit analysis in a clear, easy-to-understand manner, with many practical applications to interest the student.
Features of Fundamentals of electric circuits:
Fundamentals of electric circuits book is written with following features.
- Each chapter starts with either a historical profile of some electrical engineering pioneers to be mentioned in the chapter.
- All principles are presented in a lucid, logical, step-by-step manner.
- Important formulas are highlighted as a means of helping.
- Thoroughly worked examples are liberally given at the end of every section.
- To give students practice opportunities, each illustrative example is immediately followed by a practice problem with the answer.
- The use of PSpice is encouraged in a student-friendly manner.
- The last section in each chapter is devoted to applications of the concepts covered in the chapter.
Part 1: DC Circuit
Consisting of Chapters 1 to 8 is devoted to dc circuits. It covers the fundamental laws and theorems, circuit techniques, passive and active elements.
Part 2: AC Circuit
Consisting of Chapters 9 to 14 deals with ac circuits. It introduces phasors, sinusoidal steady-state analysis, ac power, RMS values, three-phase systems, and frequency response.
Part 3: Advanced Circuit Analysis
Consisting of Chapters 15 to 18 is devoted to advanced techniques for network analysis. It provides a solid introduction to the Laplace transform, Fourier series, the Fourier transform, and two-port network analysis.
It’s a basic electrical and electronics engineering book for the initial years. In most engineering colleges, the book is taken as a reference. It is highly recommended for understanding the fundamentals of electric circuits.